Secrets surface when the trio land in Watergate-era Washington, D.C., where Rufus and Lucy's investigative course leaves them rattled and shaken. Meanwhile, Wyatt's tragic past comes to light, and secrets about Flynn's hidden agenda emerge.
- Flynn is to acquire the "Doc", which is referenced in the missing 18½ minutes of Richard Nixon's secret Oval Office recordings. The "Doc" is instrumental to Flynn due to Nixon's involvement with Rittenhouse.
- Rittenhouse orders Rufus to destroy the "Doc".
Changes to the Timeline
- No changes to the timeline.
- John Getz as Benjamin Cahill
- Chad Rook as Karl
- Tiffany Mack as Doc
- Mustafa S. Shakir as Gregory Hayes
- Tom Amandes as Mark Felt
Historical Events and Figures
- A running joke throughout the episode involves the outfits worn by Wyatt and Lucy, in which other characters reference the 1970s sitcoms The Partridge Family and The Brady Bunch.
- In the scene where Rufus says, "Deep Throat, here we come", a woman gives him a dirty look. This is because she thinks he is referring to the 1972 porno film of the same name.
- The scene where Rufus tells Lucy to wait outside the Black Liberation Army's hangout mirrors the scene in episode 1 where she told him to wait outside the whites-only bar in 1937 New Jersey.
- When Rufus meets with the Black Liberation Army, he goes by the name "Kanye West", a reference to the hip-hop singer of the same name.
- "Changes" by David Bowie (1972)
- "The Sound of Silence"